These rules are valid for every post in this forum without any exception. Please check your inbox for Private Messages (PM) daily because staff members of e-Sim Forum usually communicate with you via PM.#1. General
The only language allowed on this forum is English. Additionally users have to make sure their posts are understandable and formatted in a restrained way.
Threads should always be made in the appropriate sections of the forum.
Promoting products, services, charities, religions, organizations not related to e-Sim is prohibited.
Thief-game links as well as any unrelated links are not tolerated in any user definable area in the forum and will be removed by staff members
The staff members are free to move a thread into another forum without leaving a shadow topic or notice in the old forum. Before you post a thread, please have a look if you have chosen the right forum. Otherwise the thread will be moved or closed. Only the thread starter may ask for closing, editing, deleting, or moving the thread.
The staff members of Forum may change this set of forum rules in any way they see fit at any time without prior notice and/or special advertising. Any user not agreeing with the changes is free to leave the forum and/or ask for a deletion of his/her forum account.
The staff members of e-Sim Forum
are responsible for keeping the forum clean of disruptive content as well as ensuring a polite and user-friendly atmosphere.
Disputes with staff members always have to be discussed by means of private messages in civilized and courteous manners.
Images,cover photos avatar, links
Images which are: sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive; obscene or contain vulgar language; images that illustrate/show illegal activity.
• Avatar icons are allowed as long as the images are 100x100px. Avatars that are overly annoying, disruptive will be removed.
• Cover photos are allowed only in recommended dimensions 1280x800 pixels up to 200 kb.
• Links to images that are inappropriate will be removed and your forum account may be shut down.
• Copyrighted, proprietary images, trade marks as well as images that do not belong to you (i.e. photographs or artwork which are used without permission of the creator) are also forbidden.
• Signature Images are allowed, however they must be limited#2. Content Regulations
All users must be respectful towards each other and The Staff, hence insults or racism of any kind is not allowed.
Spam of any kind is disallowed, it includes: posting duplicate threads/posts, bumping threads, posting content not related to the conversation.
Posts in a language other than English. Additionally users have to make sure their posts are understandable and formatted in a restrained way..
Posting a topic in several forums ("crossposting") is not allowed, except for announcements by staff members of e-Sim Forum
. Crossposts will be deleted and the user be warned if necessary. The same applies to topics with the same content.#2.1. Insults
There is a distinction between disagreements and insults. Ironic content and propaganda will not be considered as an attempt to insult other citizens.
Friendly banter will not be taken under consideration on reports by third parties. The person at which the words are addressed should report the content if he/she feels insulted. #2.2. Racism
Racism is considered a form of insult towards a group of citizens.
The following direct or indirect actions ARE considered racism:
- the genealogy of a nationality is said to be inferior;
- pejorative or harmful terms or stereotypes are used from the nation/nationality.
Vulgarity cases include, but are not limited to, the following cases:
- usage of commonly considered vulgar and curse words;
- usage of vulgar user names or avatars.
Posting comments which are not related to the conversation;
- multiple posting comments in a short period of time, and publishing duplicate articles;
- posting material that is not authored by the publisher himself or herself;
- posting article comments in order to advertise products or companies;
- posting large pictures.
Flaming includes, but is not limited to, the following cases:
#2.7. Advertising of any kind
- usage of names of real life convicts (for various issues murder/rape/theft);
- usage or names of or references to any real life massacre/genocide;
- usage of any picture/avatar/logo with the intention of defaming the national symbols of any country;
- negative attitude toward any e-Sim official account or any e-Sim employee;
- negative attitude toward any action(s) or lack of action(s) from the part of the e-Sim team;
- negative attitude toward any game mechanics update(s)
The following actions are considered cases of advertising for external products:
#2.8 Impersonating staff
- posting any links or mentions to other games;
- posting links or mentions to other websites that are not related to e-Sim;
- promotion and/or usage of any (automated) scripts that modify the e-Sim website;
- advertising other not related to e-Sim products, services, charities, religions, organizations, etc.
Impersonation of officials or official positions, including, but not limited to, Administrators, Moderators and the Staff team, is illegal in any way.
The punishment for breaking this rule is generally a permanent ban for all accounts involved.
Including posts in which the user points out that someone is breaking the forum rules. Reporting such an event to the responsible Moderator through PM is encouraged. Also, other content which can be mistaken as official or otherwise cause similar confusion is prohibited.#3. Posting of Personal data without permission
Personal information (such as real life name, address or photo) of a member may not be posted without the express consent of the person or people concerned. Minors (under 18 years of age) may only post such information themselves/have such information posted if their legal representative's approval has been given. Upon posting such information, the user expressly asserts his/her age of majority and legal capacity or – for minors – the existence of their legal representative's approval. Any posting of personal data is entirely at the user's own risk.
Transcripts of private communication without permission. #4. Punishments
Creating any amount of new accounts to evade a ban, deletion, deactivation or punishment of another account is illegal and will be punished by deletion of the account(s).
Discussion of in-game bans or punishments.
Discussion of forum bans or infractions.#5. Complaints and Appeals
Posting a thread / multiple threads to resolve a situation involving a complaint about a crew member is against the rules.The operator/site administrator of www.e-sim.org and its forum reserve the right to delete individual messages, posts and threads without stating reasons.